Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Bread & Jam, Elevenses and Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fersinda

re: Band/ Song Question

I don't know which bands actively use this site, but I have a question.

I am working on lyrics to go along with "Mrs Robinson." by Simon and Garfunkle.

I don't know if I am being original here Has someone come up with lyrics about the encounter at Bree at the Prancing Pony to this tune?

Luventhariel
Admin

re: Band/ Song Question

I don't know anyone personally who has re-written lyrics for that song.  I did a search through LMB's forums and nothing came up there either.  Of course, I can't be everywhere and haven't heard everyone's full songbook of songs.  But I do not recall lyrics sung to that particular song ever.  

Either way, many, many people have written parody lyrics or Tolkien-esque lyrics for the exact same songs.  My thinking on this is that, no one here playing (as far as I know) is Paul Simon or Art Garfunkel, and those two would be the only people who could tell you that you can't.  

And because everyone is so different in their backgrounds and thinking, several people could write lyrics for the same song and they would all be different anyways.  For instance, as soon as you said Mrs. Robinson, I immediately thought of the Winner of the 2019 Mrs. Hobbiton beauty pageant...

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Fersinda

re: re:my question

Thanks for lhe response, Luventhariel

I wasn't concerned about permission, so much as unoriginality :)

I will just go with it and if someone says they did something rpetty similar, so be it :)

Fersinda

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Bread & Jam, Elevenses and Beyond All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum