Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Favorite Cover Songs

Unless you're one of the few people out there writing your own original music to play in Lotro, you're playing a cover of someone else's song.  

I like two different types of cover songs. 

I like cover songs that sound nearly identical to the originals, that they make you do a double-take.  Not exactly identical, but nearly.  If a band sounds dead-on exact, then I don't hear what makes the band doing the cover unique, and might as well listen to the original.

A great example of this is Anthrax covering Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas.

I also like cover songs that are altered by bands to fit who they are.  Re-created in their own image.  Having a well-known song done by someone who puts so much of themselves into it that it becomes their song, instead of just a cover.

A good example of this is Jimi Hendrix doing Along the Watchtower, or Manfred Mann's Blinded by the Light, songs so well covered that you never want to hear the original again.  Yola's post with the cover of Sweet Child of Mine is a good example of that too.  I liked that!

So, going to post a few of my favorite cover songs that you may or may not have heard, starting with a (One-man) band that Kenghis and I both follow on the You Tubes.

Leo Moracchioli - Hello

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

Def Leppard - Personal Jesus

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Luventhariel
Admin

This is one of the new guitarists for the Metal band Sabaton, not their vocalist, their guitarist...but a while back he did this with his former band Swedish Hitz, a cover band from Sweden which covered Swedish songs...yeah, I know, right?  And that hair!!!!

Swedish Hitz - Money, Money, Money

Luventhariel
Admin

No video footage, so this is a "Listen Only" video.  This is one of those double-take songs, a live performance, with no after-effects or auto-tune or anything else.  But if you had this playing in the background, anyone who heard it would probably not know that this wasn't Led Zepelin from a recently found live concert of theirs.

It's not.  It's Great White.  

Luventhariel
Admin

One more for today.  Posted a vid for Boba Flex in the other thread, but then realized I have to post this one here too.  I like this cover best out of a few I've heard, they keep it tight to the original except for the Epic end.

Boba Flex - Hey You

Luventhariel
Admin

This song...is pretty well known, and you might even have heard this, but just felt like throwing it in here.  Many have heard the many covers, notably from The Blues Brothers, but less have heard the Original.  The man who may or may not have sold his soul to the devil at a crossroads and may or may not have been murdered...

Robert Johnson - Sweet Home Chicago

Luventhariel
Admin

This cover falls clearly in the second group, I giggled loudly when I first heard it.  The original song is by the Metal band, Disturbed.  This...is the Lounge Lizard Version.  

Warning: NSFW lyrics.

Richard Cheese - Down With The Sickness

Last edited by Luventhariel on Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Luventhariel
Admin

I love the energy of this.  Maria captures the cuteness and sultriness of Blondie (and the blondness), while Metalling it up.

In This Moment - Call Me

Last edited by Luventhariel on Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Luventhariel
Admin

This one is...wow.  Take a sort of dim song and just turn out all the lights completely.  This is Radiohead's Creep, but blackout-dark.  Darker than pitch black dark.  Nightmare dark.

Northern Kings - Creep

Luventhariel
Admin

Can't stop on a dark note, so something lighter.  This version of an Alan Parson's hit, is way tight to the Original, yet still different and unique.  And has a Theremin!

Parralox - Eye In The Sky

Luventhariel
Admin

Swing Metal?  I've heard this covered a few times, and usually, it's more of the first type of covers, but this one, is totally the second type.  The original song is in there...somewhere...it's just been altered to the point of being nearly unrecognizable.  

Connor Engstrom - The Final Countdown

Last edited by Luventhariel on Tue May 26, 2020 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Luventhariel
Admin

KISS

So many KISS covers to choose from, but this one stands out for me.

And, they do what we do in Lotro, having an instrument playing the vocals, in this case, violins.

Silenzium - I Was Made For Loving You

Luventhariel
Admin

I have to think that just about everyone has seen this, but also wonder, maybe, someone hasn't.  I'd put this in You Should Really Watch This, if it wasn't a cover.  So, this one's both, I guess.

2 Cellos - Thunderstruck

Luventhariel
Admin

I cannot go on any longer...

without adding a Slayer song.  Not a Slayer cover, but a cover by Slayer.  How to take a 6 minute version of a song and make it 3:15.

Slayer - Inna Godda Davida

Luventhariel
Admin

And who can do Slayer?  Why, Ice-T of course.

You're looking at this post strange now.  But seriously, Slayer is one of Ice-T's favorite bands.  I'm doubling up this post though, because I can't post the one without the other.  The second is a Suicidal Tendancies song, but with updated lyrics to fit a more modern time...

Body Count - Raining Blood

Warning: NSFW lyrics.

Body Count - Institutionalized

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum