Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Luventhariel
Admin

re: You Should Really Watch This

I've found a whole lot of new and interesting bands to follow/listen to through various means over the years.  In the 70's it was just the radio and anyone I knew, in the 80's it was hanging out at record stores and being involved in the local music scene, in the 90's it was MTV, in the 00's it was MySpace and Pandora, and most recently, for me at least, YouTube.  

Anyhows, this is my "Recommended" thread, YouTube videos I'd like to share.  Feel free to add a vid, I love learning new music, or revisiting old videos.

I'll start with this one, it's new, and...You Should Really Watch This.

Wagakki Band

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

Can't just do one, here's another...You Should Really Watch This.

The Hu, featuring Lzzy Hale

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Luventhariel
Admin

In their prime, this band was Kaiju-big.  One song, totally fits the time right now, even though it was originally recorded decades ago.  You Should Really Watch This:

History shows again and again, how nature points out the folly of man...

Blue Oyster Cult: Godzilla 2020

Luventhariel
Admin

This is a small Midwestern band, that I've been lucky enough to have seen several times now.  They should be bigger than they are.  I love the way this song struts.  Anyways, You Should Really Watch This...

Boba Flex - I'm Glad You're Dead 

Luventhariel
Admin

Like the BOC vid, here's another old band doin' their thing from at home, this was fun to watch!  You Should Really Watch This...just for the fiddle!!

The Doobie Brothers - Black Water

Luventhariel
Admin

The Theorbo.  Lotro's Bass Guitar. 

But...what does a Theorbo really sound like?  

If you want to know all about the real Theorbo, You Should Really Watch This...

Rob Scallon and the Theorbo

Almiyan

This is a Legendary Band ;)

Yanni- 'WITHIN ATTRACTION” Live at Royal Albert Hall_1080p Remastered and Restored

Almiyan

Oh thanks for the Therobo video !

lol it was wonderful! it's so long! and sounds very beautiful! I wish lotro had that sound too!

Almiyan

Can't just do one ;)

You Should Really Watch This!

Yanni - “Standing in Motion”… Live At The Acropolis, 25th Anniversary! 1080p Digitally Remastered

Luventhariel
Admin

Yanni has some awesome hair too!  And I like the plucky fiddles in there, not expected!

Dubstep on an acoustic guitar?  No way.

Way.

Last edited by Luventhariel on Sun May 24, 2020 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luventhariel
Admin

Paraphrasing, and can't source, but remember a story about Jimi Hendrix being asked what it was like being the Greatest Guitarist on the Planet and he replied, "I don't know, you'll have to ask Roy Clark."

Luventhariel
Admin

Perr said that I needed to post this here, doing it so she doesn't start hitting people.  She says, "You should really watch this."

Street Drummer

Luventhariel
Admin

If you like Vangelis, Alan Parsons Project, JM Jarre, then you'll probably like this.  Saw this Trio live in a small bar in Madison, they also did some music for the Trailer for one of The Avengers movies.

They have a comic book that goes along with their CDs...and You Should Really Watch This.

Warning: strobe effect in video.

Magic Sword - Sword of Truth

Luventhariel
Admin

I'll bet that when you woke up today you weren't thinking, "I'd really like to hear Cowboys From Hell by Pantera played on a Hurdy Gurdy, while also playing the drums."

Guilhem Desq

And here's another video of Rob Scallon featuring the Hurdy Gurdy, if you wanted to know more about that.

Rob Scallon - Hurdy Gurdy

Luventhariel
Admin

Okay, um, try to look past the 7 million followers, and the heavily edited video with catch-phrases and in-your-face self-advertising, here's a video about a whole variety of various (see what i did there) Bass instruments.

Davie504 - that's a BASS?

Davie is a phenomenal bass player, and has done a few collaborative videos with Rob Scallon, who's vids I posted previously.  But he's definitely in the more "unique" category of youtubers.  Anyways, if you want to see and hear a Contrabass Flute, Bass Sax, or Bass Mandolin...then You Should Really Watch This.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum