Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Bread & Jam, Elevenses and Beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pontin
Admin

re: About Elevenses

Currently Elevenses has fallen quiet in recent months/years to the point there's not much activity anymore, I'd hate to see old tradition die out that has been going on for many years now since the beginning of this server, just no one really shows up anymore except small few of us, Elevenses is held every Sunday at 11am Eastern time, and seems not many show up there.

I'd like to see that change in some way or another, if others can join us once in awhile on sunday to dance, share songs, or just light role-play, would be great to see more going on. if anyone else has ideas on what could be done I'd like to hear it, its just kinda sad to go there every week with hardly anything most weeks.

Though i do like going to hear others play like Mushroom Stew and with Foxfern, sometimes weet and Vethlo show up other then that it just feels quiet most of the time and i know Foxfern feels the same way, noting they could be doing other things on Sunday mornings, given how less it has become.

House at 6 harrow road, raingully, shire homestead, 1 Cape Road, Dol Tobas, Belfalas Homesteads and 2 Glenmouth Path, Glanath, Lyndelby Homesteads
Baylei

A big thing for us Pacific timers, is that it is at 8am on a Sunday... 

The last time I went to that, by the time I got my entire band there and set up, everyone who was there announced it was their last song. I found that if I happen to be up at that time (yay insomnia) that its easier to remain in Bree at where ever they had been parked for the B&J. Honestly, I don't know how some of you with the  big bands do it cause I only have 5 and it takes a long time to move them anywhere.

Luventhariel
Admin

Baylei wrote:

Honestly, I don't know how some of you with the  big bands do it cause I only have 5 and it takes a long time to move them anywhere.

When I used to be able to be home in time to play at Monday Night Elevenses I'd have to move the band one at a time from Bree to MD sometime throughout Saturday, and then move them all back to Bree sometime Tue through Thur so that I could be ready for B&J. 

Moving around is the main reason I stopped doing Ales & Tales on Landroval, before my work made it impossible to get there, every week was a new place, sigh.  At least Elevenses is in the same place every week.  It's also the main reason I've only been to two of Xhar's parties, he holds them in the Bree housing area, and we all have to ride there, and then back when it's done.  It's a good hour commitment, on top of the time it takes to load all my band members up.  I assume it will be better when I get my next PC upgrade, but that won't be for a bit.

Monday Night Elevenses has the problem of overlapping with Monday Night's Ales & Tales on Landroval, I assume bands would rather stay there late, rather than head over to Crick for an hour or two.  And I don't get up until well after Sunday morning's Elevenses ends because of my schedule.

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

pontin
Admin

Luventhariel wrote:

Monday Night Elevenses has the problem of overlapping with Monday Night's Ales & Tales on Landroval, I assume bands would rather stay there late, rather than head over to Crick for an hour or two.  And I don't get up until well after Sunday morning's Elevenses ends because of my schedule.

I would note that, Monday night Elevenses isn't a thing anymore, I took that way from the calendar as it died long ago, but Sunday Morning Elevenses has always kept going at least.

Baylei wrote:

A big thing for us Pacific timers, is that it is at 8am on a Sunday... 

The last time I went to that, by the time I got my entire band there and set up, everyone who was there announced it was their last song. I found that if I happen to be up at that time (yay insomnia) that its easier to remain in Bree at where ever they had been parked for the B&J. Honestly, I don't know how some of you with the  big bands do it cause I only have 5 and it takes a long time to move them anywhere.

I don't really multibox much to know, but i know some others like Kenghis gets around pretty good when i see him moving about and setting up.

House at 6 harrow road, raingully, shire homestead, 1 Cape Road, Dol Tobas, Belfalas Homesteads and 2 Glenmouth Path, Glanath, Lyndelby Homesteads
Calardis

Aww, I didn't know Elevenses had become that quiet. I used to go there every Sunday a few years ago, but then life got a bit busy, and when I came back, the usual people were mostly gone. Another reason I didn't like going there so much anymore, now that I had my own band, was the fact that it is indoors and my tall elven band doesn't seem to fit:D. I like to have a good view of things and in the Baby it's kinda cramped, hard to zoom out enough, and always some furniture in the way of my dancing moves hehe. Obviously those things are quite insignificant and should not really be a hinder.  But I've been thinking about coming back, I'm usually on Laurelin but I miss Crickhollow sometimes, would actually like to spend more time there. Who knows, maybe you'll see something Unexpected one of these days :P

pontin
Admin

Would be nice to see you join us again sometime Calardis! :)

Baylei

I would love to see the monday night Elevenses be revived if possible and so tonight I'm planning to be there. I've already moved the band over and would love if anyone could make it too. :)

*Edit* I was asked by someone if it could be moved to the outside of the inn. Would that be okay?

pontin
Admin

Monday night Elevenses can return if anyone wants to do it, also Elevenses was always outside in the beginning we later moved inside the Inn, so taking it outside again would be nice to revisit the old days.

Baylei

I noticed that someone put up a poll regarding the monday night elevenses. I am kind of confused by one of the choices, (Sort of, we can move it outside where there‘s more room), because we've already moved it outside ever since you gave the okay to do so.

Luventhariel
Admin

That one's on me.  The last time I had been to Elevenses it was still held inside, which shows how long it's been.  :(

I made the poll, but I'm not voting in it, because I cannot make it to Elevenses, and shouldn't have an influence on the thoughts of those who do go to Elevenses.  My say in the matter, as an Events Officer in SB, was to make the poll to allow those who do go, who are not in SB, to also voice their opinion.

It is a kinship-sponsored event, but I do believe the music community as a whole should have a say. :)

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Bread & Jam, Elevenses and Beyond All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum