Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Crickhollow Regional Dialect

Regional dialects are neat.  Growing up in Chi-town I learned words and sayings like Frunchroom, Davenport, Grachki, Dibs, Overby, "Overbydare", Sammich, Pop, and "acouple-twotree".

Here on Crickhollow, we've developed our own little Regional Dialect!  

We Crickets have developed some terms that we use locally, that may be puzzling to visitors unfamiliar to Crick, so I thought I'd put together a short list.  Short but fun!  I'll add more if/when they come up.  :)

Enjoy!

Band Bomb [v]:  Changing your outfit to match the band playing, moving next to them, hitting "play" to make it look like you're playing in that band.  (NOT griefing! Done only in jest, with someone you know won't be offended by it.)

Bunny Fur [adj]:  Music that is soft, warm, quiet, smooth, relaxing, and sounds like the way bunny fur feels.

Crickets [n]:  Players who play on the Crickhollow server.

Crickets Chirping [v]:  A band playing on Crick.  "There's a few Crickets chirping by the Pony right now".

Dragon Scales [adj]:  Music that is hard, sharp, loud, aggressive, the opposite of bunny fur.  May set things on fire.

Flutterbyes [n]:  The visualizations of colored notes that flow from a player playing music in game.  Also the name of an awesome band led by Justadream, who came up with this word, and deserves full credit.

Flutterbye Storm [n]:  When a band plays so many notes at once it makes a cloud of condensed Flutterbyes.

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum