Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Shirefest Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Calardis

re: Updated band interview

What's the story behind your band's founding?

Well, I used to dwell on a low-populated server where there were hardly any player-arranged events happening. I knew about playing music solo, and I had downloaded some songs that I played now and then, but only after my kin moved to Crickhollow, when the servers where merged, did I see any bands performing. I thought that was cool, but didn't think it was anything for me, until a stubborn musician, after hearing me play solo, talked me into learning how to play in groups. He also taught me to make my own songs. And I had so much fun with it:) I played in his band on Shirefest once and soon after that I decided to make my own kin and band. I multibox two alts, and sometimes my husband joins me. We have since moved to Laurelin, which is now our main server.

How did your band get its name?

I'm not quite sure how it happened, haha. I had some different ideas that I played around with, but nothing felt right. Then I happened to see the title of the first hobbit movie somewhere on a website, and the name An Unexpected Melody just popped into my head. It's a fitting name, because I never thought that I would be having my own band.

How did your members meet one another?

Well, at first it was just me and one alt, I pretend they are cousins. Then my husband got into the picture so to speak, and I talked him into joining Lotro in general and also my band. He made another alt but it's mostly just me handling both of the alts.

How would you describe your band's music?

Mostly  older pop music I'd say, the 90's being a favorite period, with some occasional rock, musical or movie soundtracks, or even something classical once in a while.

How do you decide which songs to play?

I usually just follow my own mood:)

Do you have a signature song?

No, we haven't gotten around to that. Would be nice to have one though.

What's the highlight of your band's time together?

Performing on Shirefest and Winterfest.

Do you have any stories about a time when things didn't go so well?

That happens quite a lot:) Someone drops an instrument, or forgets to queue a part, or messes up the lyrics...

Does your band play a regular concert? If so, when and where?

Not a concert of our own, but recently we have been performing quite often on Dwarves Night Out, on Laurelin.

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed, Youtube channel, or links to any performances?

I think Hollyberye has recorded our performance on Shirefest -17.

What's the one thing we should know about your band above all else?

Can't think of anything at the moment

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your group?

Nothing i can think of right now. We enjoy music, of course:)

Poolnoodle

re: Band interviews

Little-known fact about me: I first joined LOTRO after a friend showed me a clip of Taylor Swift's Love Story being played at BnJ. Since then, I've been pulling out the dancing shoes at BnJs whenever I can. When the pandemic hit, I decided it would be fun to dabble into the music system. First it was me and a lute and some Beatles tunes. And then there were 6 more. We've been playing ever since. 

The first name of my band was Viva La Musica - it stands for 'Long Live Music'. I later changed it to Noodley Tunes because it was much more friendly and memorable!

Well, they're all me. But they're different characters with different personalities and backstories, which you can read from their bio! I originally intended for each character to specialize in one instrument - Veigrr Thunderheart is a drummer, for example, and Pizzica Took is a fiddler. I mix and match instruments nowadays for sake of speed and sound quality, but in my heart, they have their own parts to play. 

I like to try out everything. I'm a curious person by nature, so if I hear a genre or artist I like, I jump right on it. In fact, managing a band has opened me to a lot more different and older music! But I love playing Classical the most. I was classically trained growing up, and it's a lot easier for me to understand and interpret since I grew up with that sort of music. (Plus, due to their age, it's much easier to find MIDI files for.) But I'm always learning and branching out! Pop and showtunes are also some of my favourites. (Wink wink, Taylor Swift!) I also like to play the occasional K-pop or Cantopop -- I listened to them growing up, and I love sharing them with other people.

In a round robin, I have a look at what's currently on the menu, about 2-3 songs before my turn. If it's a bit of a slow, thoughtful moment, then I pick something to match. But if the party's getting started and everyone's raving -- I pull out ABBA or Led Zeppelin! In a set where it's all me, I make a playlist beforehand and test it out to see how cohesive the songs sound next to one another, or whether they're lined up well enough that it won't be too boring, too long or too monotonous. Since classical music can tend to drag on, that's something I pay attention to.

Not sure if it's my signature, but my favourite song to play is 'Drops of Jupiter'. I wrote lyrics for it based on Bilbo's journey to reclaim Erebor, and I'm very happy with it!

My band once played a Christmas set for a kin party. I had to move 6 characters all the way from the kinhouse to the snowball field! One of our kinnies made a Christmas joke and I wrote up some parody lyrics based on that on the fly and played it for them, and everyone had a great time! I parked the band close enough to the snowball field that you could actually hit them with snowballs and put them out of music stance -- we had fun pelting them in between songs.   

I was playing Jupiter at BnJ, which is about 7 minutes long. I was called away from keyboard for a bit. When I came back, all of my band except one had been booted off due to being AFK for too long! It was so embarrassing and I logged out shortly after. Oh well, lesson learned :P

Unfortunately, given time-zone differences, I have yet to find a time that I can regularly play and people can watch me doing that. But hopefully that will happen someday!   

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed, Youtube channel, or links to any performances?

Nope! ^^

Music is the most wonderful gift you can ever give. I try to keep that in mind whenever I play!

That's it! :)

Poolnoodle is the ringleader of the Noodle family on Crickhollow. She and her Swan-knight companion Kevin love making merry and mischief all over Middle Earth! Other members of the family include: Mirabelle Smallflower, Chickennoodle, Honeynoodle, Applejewel, and Doronlind.

The Noodles have recently moved house! Feel free to pay them a visit at 6 Harrow Rd, Foxcleeve, Shire Homesteads.
Aryreilyn

re: Re: Band Interviews- Indigo Hobbettes

In May 2019 decided to make my own band to play music. A friend who has his own band helped me get started.

I was in another band for a couple months but things didnt work and I wanted to 

play music as I love the music scene on the game.

A friend helped me come up with a name that would fit with the game. I love the Indigo Girls so decided to go with

Indigo Hobbettes as I wanted to make a band with all Hobbits though have High Elf for bandleader. I thought it was cute.

All my bandmates are my own secondary accounts. I decided to just make separate accounts for each bandmate.

I love classic music from the 70s and 80s. So I started out with those songs and than increased my song folder 

with other genres some I have no interest in in real life but it sounds great on the game and 

we have a lot of fans for that music. I wanted a variety to meet the needs of fans in the game.

Usually play newer songs that I have made and than my other songs. Usually I try to play unique songs.

Well I dont have a signature song but I do a band- The HU- and I play those songs as I get new ones I play those as

well. 

Having others enjoy the music the band plays.

Since it is just me with several accounts for bandmates, I would say when I first started had trouble until 

other bandleaders gave me advice and worked hard to learn what bandleaders were teaching me. Once I got 

my ear developed it made it much easier to make my songs. I am still learning and evolving.

Yes, on the Second Wednesday of the Month on Crickhollow, outside the Prancing Pony, on the Bree Stage from 8pm to 10pm with Thea's Cheery

Littlebottom's Companions opening up for us. We also play during Thea's Third Thursday event as his opening act. On Third Saturdays of 

the month will be Hosting Jammin in the Shire Music Event from 6pm to 12midnight with other bands. 

Not yet working on that part

We are growing even on a total of 10 servers, will be bouncing around the servers to play our

music to all the players on the game. We are on Landy, Brandy, Crick, Arkenstone, Gladden, Lauralin, Belegaer, 

Gwaihir, Sirannon, Evernight. Once everything is set up will get a regular schedule going on the other servers.

Nope think covered everything.

Gelglir
Admin

re: East of the Sea Interview

In the summer of 2022 Gelglir began spending more time at music events and exploring the options for creating and playing music. Starting off solo to get the hang of things, he had a few people teach him how to play multiple parts and the seed was planted. He started forming the band in the fall and began to join in at Bread & Jam, first with a group of 3, then adding more members. We have settled as a 7 piece band.

We were formed as primarily an elf band and the sea calls to us. Gelglir is also a big fan of Celtic and Celtic rock bands, in particular Great Big Sea. And so we make our music while we tarry East of the Sea.

Gelglir and Lazziar met on Landroval at one of the many music events at the Prancing Pony. East of the Sea had already begun to take shape with Gel at the helm. Extending the invitation to come visit Crickhollow, Laz began to attend music events regularly. As our friendship grew, she was invited to join the band, which we now run together.

We have diverse tastes, and are happy to play music of all sorts, but we tend towards upbeat, cheerful songs and bunny fur. Gelglir particularly enjoys playing with lyrics to fit Tolkien lore or celebrate our friends in game.

Usually one of us will hear something that sends us on a tangent and the next thing we know we're running down a hole with a white rabbit saying he's very late...

As of yet, not really.

We are still quite new and finding our place in the music scene. Our first solo show was at Jammin' in the Shire this past spring, which was also Laz's first big performance with the band. It was a joy to perform on stage together.

Gelglir was the host of Festival of Friends in Februrary 2023 and had the power go out in the middle of the event. It was rather chaotic and quite stressful. I am immensely grateful to Lazziar for keeping her head and helping things go smoothly while I very impatiently waited for my power to come back on.

As of yet, no. We are a regular part of Bread and Jam and can be found there most Fridays.

Not at this time

Music is about community and bringing folks together. At its best it lifts people up and that's what we hope to do.

Pile your boots up in the corner, hang your jacket from the door. The square might be a little crowded, but there's always room for more!

Paranoidy

re: Band interviews

Paranoyd: The original Weeds members started playing Lotro in 2022 and when discovered that it was possible to play music there in the same way as rl, immediately started to focus on music system and forgot about the rest of the game's content.

Paranoyd: The Weeds guild comes from another MMO we were in for 4 years before we came to Lotro. As founder, I chose the name that had more to do with my philosophy and lifestyle. By coincidence, in Lotro, "weed" is part of the context, so it fitted perfectly.

Paranoyd: Since Weeds moved to Crick, I was taking care of the band myself, which is technically hard, fortunatelly, Meroow jointed us in August, 2023 and since then, wer living a dream!

Meroow: I was roaming around Bree Craft Hall when I saw Weeds performing some nice covers, Para and I had a good chat about music and at the end he invited me to jam with them...

Paranoyd: Metal, alt and classic rock.

Meroow: Leader decides, not me.

Paranoyd: I had a rock band long time ago and I think is awesome to be able to play ingame the same songs that I used to play in that time, so most songs we play reflects who I am and who I was in my youth. Most artists we cover have important messages that we try to keep alive.

Paranoyd: Well, my nickname comes from a Radiohead´s song called Paranoid Android, and I like to think thats our signature song. The cowbell and Lonely Fiddle make the arrangement so cool that Im sure Thom would aproove...

Meroow: That peak hasn't happened yet.

Paranoyd: So far I believe our best performance was at the Spring Festival 2022, in Ark, Meroow wasnt with us yet and it was the last time the original members played together, remembering that concert makes me nostalgic so let's change the subject before I start to cry... lol

Do you have any embarrassing stories about a time when things didn't go so well?

Paranoyd: Probably my rookie mistakes at first B&J we´ve been lol

Meroow:  When he scolded me because I was talking stupidly...

Paranoyd: We perform casual gigs at Bree Craft once or twice a week, due to different time zones, we werent able to set a scheduled concert yet...

Meroow: Not yet...

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed or links to any performances?

https://www.youtube.com/@weedsguild

Meroow: Leader is a passionate metal player :D

Paranoyd: Yeah, we focused on metal so far and I love it, but as soon as our schedule allows, we´ll include more alt and classic rock in our sets. Shirefest was really great and Meroow wasnt even with us yet, I believe that with her awesome musical taste and inspiration, our partnership is about to produce great things!

Is there anything else you'd like to mention?

Paranoyd: We would like to thank Second Breakfast for providing us with so many wonderful events where we can express our feelings through music!

Meroow: I'm very happy there and the rest is a secret.  

Last edited by Paranoidy on Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:48 am; edited 3 times in total

Rehearsals locations in Crickhollow:

♪ Guild Hall Stage at 5 Waterbank Road, Silithmar, Falathlorn Homesteads

♫ Beach House Round Stage at 7 Bay Road, Aglombel, Cape of Belfalas

Gwyndlegard

re: Re: Band interviews

Rosalie Rumble wrote:

I believe Technomancer to be an ideology. :D 
I joined Palwyn's Notenzauber in December of 2020. I myself is more interested in Computer Game Music and Movie (Series, Cartoon) Scores then band music, and as i was always preparing such rearrangements that Pala could barely fit in his sets with their weirdness i came to the conclusion i might as well create my playground for them.

Now this goes back a bit. Technomancer as a concept of Avatar born in 2015 when i tried myself with sampled music composition, way before even touching LotRO. I had a rough idea about a robed figure with a body of void playing on synths. You know...learn from the masters...Daft Punk Stile. :D  The concept realy came alive in 2022, not much before my debut concert in LotRO. All kudos to Patricio di Cosmos, an Argentinian Graphic Artist who drew it to me beyond expectation. :) 

Patricio di Cosmos ArtStation

I have returning cast members, who i met through Notenzauber and later through Jailhouse Rock. We met at rehearsals and they were convinced enough in my efforts to backup Technomancer throught the serververse. :D 

Palwyn of Notenzauber
Garbathol of Notenzauber
Brico of Notenzauber
Magdariel of Les Cailloux
Halgoreth of Skarn
Nimrendis of Skarn
Aerelwen of The Gallic Frogs Band
Vercin of The Gallic Frogs Band
Akecheta of Jailhouse Rock
Archany of Jailhouse Rock
Vidu of Jailhouse Rock
Lassrien of No Whole Bard
Eldbryt of The Alemen
Alegrio of Die Harfenschlags
Erlindol of East of the Sea 
Elamond of Lute of the Froom
Edarard of Calles Les Gones

A fistload of H.P. Lovecraft spiced with Monty Python. :D 
What should i say, it is varied. From folkish through medieval, from jazz to metal, from smashing rocks on my head to orchestral pieces, from synthpop to acid techno i touch on everything my MOOD tells me to. :) 

Now there is a bit more creative process than at selecting the pieces themselvs to work with.
I aim to build up At Least Somewhat Coherent acts. I love order, i love framed structure. If in a set i touch on many stiles i build from mild to explosive end...or maybe even actual stile historical order. A set for me serves an aim, and i plan the sound (and my script that carries through) to tell the story.

Absolutely. I have no midi of it, but it must be:
Terry Scott Taylor: Neverhood - Homina Homina
Homina Homina
It absolutely encapsulates what it is to be me. :D 
But if i have to pick a song i worked on...
Paul Anthony Romero: Heroes of Might and Magic V - Haven theme
HoMM V - Haven
Now THAT...was a prime Gwyndlegard effort to pull and finish my Winter Solstice set with. :D 

When at Greenfest someone from the audiance shouted SEPHIROTH at the 5th note of my One Winged Angel. :D 

If you check my playlist you will see a returning name: Paul Anthony Romero. I love his music in the HoMM game series and i try to implement as many of his pieces for Lotro as i can. Highlight about it is that Paul notices me now and again. Having the appreciation of the actual composer for such relatively low level rearrangements is elevating. :D 

Close second must be that i met with No Whole Bard's Esrah...
She inspired me since 2010 to work on music in some form through her 2009 youtube uploads. :D
Esrah's Aarbron's Revenge
She came to my Debut concert where the first song was dedicated to her...a tribute to one of her videos...a Technomancer version of it. :D
Technomancer's Aarbron's Revenge

Aye...she is a very important Pre-Lotro, Pre-Anything realy inspiration and anchor point. I freckin' freaked out and broke a sweat when i noticed her name at a No Whole Bard concert (got to know Lasswen and Eldbryt a bit earlier); and my mind produced a loud gong and i hastily opened youtube to check on that video and it was Esrah Elendilmir there and i asked if there is a relation...She Was The One And Still Around. Figure. Acted like a Fangirl at an Ed Sheraan concert. :D 

As for my members, i think everyone has at least some kick out of playing with me.
Halgoreth likes that i (Most of the times) pick songs that no-one realy worked with yet, and i think he is mostly satisfied with my work if i do a more popular one.
(Miyazaki Film Scores. ;) )
Nimrendis and Magdariel dig my arranging stile and show appreciation for my tweeky positioning stile, as it leads to some nice effecting of songs.
I believe these should be considered as the more describing insider-feedbacks.
They make me happy for sure.

Apart from Pala being grumpy about me not telling him about a position change quite clear enough at this Shirefest before starting it?

No. :D 

No regular timespot for me. Trying to catch most bigger festivals by now.

Technomancer is on youtube:

Technomancer Youtube Channel

I am just as multi-facetedly crazy as Saruman has colors on his robe.

They will be sacrificed to Shub-Niggurath sooner or later.
(...they are not even payed...)
:D

Halgoreth

Gwyndlegard wrote:
Rosalie Rumble wrote:

Wow, she is still driving music on Crickhollow. Her legacy endures.

I have returning cast members:

(list of the creative forces behind Naubenzoter, Les Calleux, Snark, Phallique Grog, Railhouse Jock, Blow Hole Warden, Naelme, Scharfenhags, Feast of the Seat, Root of the Flume, Les Gauls Connard)

I'm proud to be involved.

Lisseren

Rosalie Rumble wrote:

If you need to complete a band interview or update one from last year please fill out the form below.  If we need a band photo from you either link to it below or post in our gallery.  Thanks!

-------------------

Deja Vu is a box band. I started dancing to other bands, then played solo for a while, and finally made a four piece band that has now grown to seven.

Deja Vu is the strange feeling that in some way you have already experienced what is happening now, even though you have not. I enjoy leveling chars, and when I thought of a band name, Deja Vu is the first thing that popped into my head.

The only time I've had other members is when I do a large festival and a few people help out.

Classic rock is my favourite, but I have eclectic tastes and have a bit of everything, from foofoo to metal.

It depends on where and when I'm playing. For example, for Sunday Elevenses I would keep it mellow. Later at night I might play more hard rock or metal.

Not really, I have a few favourites that I play a lot.

I can't think of a single instance, but I enjoy playing all the festivals.

Early on, I once got on stage at a festival and realized my alts were not in a fellowship. Ooops. I've had a few crashes where I lost a member. 

I don't have a regular gig. I play round robins on Landy, Sirannon and Crik, sometimes on Brandy.

I have a Facebook page under Lisseren Lightheart where I post just pictures so far.

Desi has some videos on her facebook: www.facebook.com/desiru.dweller

Travi's Winterstock video at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2032623088 starts at 2:00

I play for fun, and I love to support all the other bands out there. I find the music community the friendliest group of people in the game.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Shirefest Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: