Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Galdwen

re: Favorite Cover Songs

not sure if this has been posted before but I love this cover of Across the Universe by Evanescence. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4nwKQrne0s&list=LL&index=18

Luventhariel
Admin

Galdwen wrote:

not sure if this has been posted before but I love this cover of Across the Universe by Evanescence. :D

Thank you!  That's actually a new one for me, never heard it, awesome!!  And...yeah, excellent cover!

Posted a vid by Tommy Johansson earlier, a Sabaton song done in the style of Disney.  This is his latest, as of this post, of him doing a cover of a Green Day song.  He swaps in his own really incredible guitar solo (on that awesome Charvel strat) and...

sings the vocals two octaves higher...

Tommy Johansson - Basket Case

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

Miley Cirus covering Nine Inch Nails?  This is a few hundred times better than you would think it would be, in fact, it's down right exceptional!

Miley Cyrus - Head Like a Hole (from Black Mirror on Netflix)

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Luventhariel
Admin

Here's another song that everyone knows the cover more than the original.  This is also another song that even this version, recorded in 1933, is not the original version.  Anyway, you all know the Ram Jam version...

James "Ironhead" Baker - Black Betty

Luventhariel
Admin

Random find.  Bardcore cover of Tribute by Tenacious D...in Latin!  Not the greatest cover in the world, just a tribute.

Tribute - some dude on youtube

Luventhariel
Admin

This is one of my favorite covers, because it's the same song, yet sounds so completely different.  What do you do when you can't even approach the vocal stylings of Freddie Mercury?  METAL it up (but better than Metallica can)!  No real video here, listen only...

Testament - Dragon Attack

Luventhariel
Admin

Tenacious D, from a couple of years back, doing an awesome take on a Rocky Horror Picture Show jam.

Tenacious D - Time Warp

Luventhariel
Admin

Just gonna drop this one right here.

Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal

Luventhariel
Admin

Paul Gilbert (Mr. Big & Racer X guitarist), doing a whole album of DIO songs, but turning them all into instrumentals, playing the guitar as Ronnie's vocals on top of covering the rest of the song, pretty much what we all do in Lotro when we play covers.

Paul Gilbert - Holy Diver

Luventhariel
Admin

This post is going to be a "two-for", the same band doing the covering, two different awesome songs from two bands I love.  Listen-only, from just a few years back.  The songs are very much the original versions, but with a slight little tweak that infuses the sound of the covering band, so that, you hear both.  First one's by The Cure, second by Ministry.

Stabbing Westward - Burn

Stabbing Westward - Every Day is Halloween

Luventhariel
Admin

Here's the Original, and the Cover.

Humble Pie - I Don't Need No Doctor

W.A.S.P. - I Don't Need No Doctor

Luventhariel
Admin

Ghost doing a cover of a Genesis song.

Ghost - Jesus He Knows Me

Luventhariel
Admin

Sabaton doesn't do many covers, but they put together this cover in memory of Lemmy, together with the help of the remaining members of Motorhead, who show up in the video as well.

Sabaton - 1916

Luventhariel
Admin

I love this cover!  It's one of those covers where the covering band takes the original song, and totally makes it their song.  You can hear the original in there, somewhere, but the cover as a whole, is a new and unique song.  To be honest, this is one where I love the cover more than the original by R.E.M.

Lacuna Coil - Losing My Religion

Luventhariel
Admin

A year ago, The Metallica Blacklist was released, containing covers of Metallica songs from the Black album.  I like this one the best, definitely made the song better in my humble opinion.

Volbeat - Don't Tread on Me

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum