Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Favorite Cover Songs

Going back to the vault a bit for this one.  In 1968, the Beatles released The White Album.  In 1984, one of those songs was covered, twisted, darkened, and remade beautiful.

Siouxsie and The Banshees - Dear Prudence

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

Here's one, where you may not have heard the original, because the cover eclipsed it by far.  The Oak Ridge Boys had a huge hit with the song Elvira.  (not the Mistress of the Dark).  Anyhows, here's the original version, from 1965.  Listen-only video, of course.

Giddyup oom papa oom papa mow mow!

Dallas Frazier - Elvira

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Luventhariel
Admin

You may know the cover more than the 1986 original.  Ace of Base turned the song around, several times, with their 1992 interpretation.  Here's both!  Equally awesome in their own ways. 

Ace of Base - Don't Turn Around

Tina Turner - Don't Turn Around

Rest in Peace, Tina. 

Luventhariel
Admin

Cyndi Lauper had a Huge hit with "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", and yeah, since I'm saying that here in this thread, you know it, it's a Cover Song.  Cyndi's version will always be THE version, but here's the Original version, so you have a reference point.

Robert Hazard - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Luventhariel
Admin

A Finnish Folk band, covering a Classic by Boston.  Give it a listen, you'll be mildly surprised!

More Than a Feeling - Steve'n'Seagulls

Luventhariel
Admin

This Australian band was made to do covers.  Whatever formula they used, it worked.  Here's one of their amazing covers, a Cheryl Lynn song, go down this rabbit hole only if you're prepared to spend a few hours...

The Hindley Street Country Club - Got To Be Real

Luventhariel
Admin

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Metal cover of the Soggy Bottom Boys song from over a decade ago.  :)

Charm City Devils - Man of Constant Sorrow

Luventhariel
Admin

R.E.M. once made a Bubblegum song, and now it's been covered by a Bubblegum Great.

Micky Dolenz - Shiny, Happy People

re: Re:Cover Songs

I love 80s synth pop. This is an interesting metal/goth cover. It's like goth bunny fur with spikes

(157) SCARLETT XIII - Send Me an Angel (Official Music Video) Real Life Cover - YouTube

Luventhariel
Admin

If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to breakIf it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to breakWhen the levee breaks, I'll have no place to stay

All last night sat on the levee and moanedAll last night sat on the levee and moanedThinkin' 'bout my baby and my happy home

Led Zeppelin?  Sorta...

Luventhariel
Admin

In 1946, Merle Travis recorded a song about a miner in Muhlenburg County, Kentucky.  In 1947 it went Gold.  In 1955 Tennessee Ernie Ford released a cover, which went Gold almost immediately, and in 2015, that version entered the Library of Congress.   It's been covered famously over 50 times, and most likely well over a thousand times by lesser known bands.

This is my favorite version.

Jeff Beck & ZZ Top - Sixteen Tons

Luventhariel
Admin

Happy Halloween!!

Halloween Helloween Halloween

Luventhariel
Admin

In 1965 a band from the U.K. called The Move was born.  They had 20 songs in the U.K. top 20, but not a single song did anything in the U.S., which is why you've probably never heard of them if you're from the U.S.

In 1972, the band recorded a song one of them wrote, and released it, but again, no noise from the U.S.

Two of the remaining band members of The Move, put together another band (you might know them, the Electric Light Orchestra), and in 1977, released their first single, which also contained this very song, covered by themselves, and amped up a bit.  For sure you've heard the 1977 version, but have you ever heard the original 1972 version from The Move?

The Move - Do Ya

Luventhariel
Admin

Hey, remember that time in the 90's when a bunch of 90's bands covered a ton of Schoolhouse Rock songs?

Blind Melon - 3 is a Magic Number

Luventhariel
Admin

A two-fer to end the year!  I've heard quite a few covers of this C.C.R. song, and some are okay, many are just terrible (U2's cover is a waste of 3 minutes I'll never get back), but these two are my favorites.

I just can't pick which one I like the best.  So posting both.

Dropkick Murphys - Fortunate Son

Drums and Bass on this are killer.

Clutch - Fortunate Son

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum