Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Shirefest Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Rosalie Rumble
Admin

re: Band interviews

If you need to complete a band interview or update one from last year please fill out the form below.  If we need a band photo from you either link to it below or post in our gallery.  Thanks!

-------------------

What's the story behind your band's founding?

How did your band get its name?

How did your members meet one another?

How would you describe your band's music?

How do you decide which songs to play?

Do you have a signature song?

What's the highlight of your band's time together?

Do you have any stories about a time when things didn't go so well?

Does your band play a regular concert? If so, when and where?

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed, Youtube channel, or links to any performances?

What's the one thing we should know about your band above all else?

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your group?

Last edited by Rosalie Rumble on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Savo 'Lass began with the core group called Neled Lind Eledhrim. We have grown and added two more members since that time, and chose the name Savo 'Lass for our new band. Savo 'Lass means Have Joy, in Elvish speech.

We discussed possible names for the band shortly after deciding that we would make it a reality to be a band. We all agreed that Savo 'Lass would be fitting and a nice touch, given that 4/5 of us are Elves. Halg is 1/4 Elf, I believe. Hehehe.

We all met in Second Breakfast, as well as during Tolo Imladris long ago. Currently, 3 members of Savo 'Lass are still in Second Breakfast, and 2 members are in Quende Nosse.

We originally started with jazz and big band arrangements, but have since evolved to play a much wider variety of music. Anything from beautiful and slow, to fast and fun!

I usually do all of the song searching and transcribing. I usually take care of all testing involved as well, with the help of Laaleth and sometimes with the help of other band members. I always make sure that the entire band likes a song before I add it to the permanent library of songs.

Not just yet, I don't think. However, that could very well change after Shirefest 2018 when we unveil many songs with lyrics (A big change for Savo 'Lass)

We generally only play one to three times per year, and each and every time we get together and play is a highlight to me.

Our very first performance at Winterfest in 2016 started off well, but became shaky towards the end due to PC issues and network issues causing disconnects and crashing. Things seem to have been much smoother since then.

We do not currently play regular concerts, though there is a slight possibility that this could change in the future.

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed, Youtube channel, or links to any performances?

We do have a website, though it is not yet being used actively by anyone other than myself.

http://savolass.gamerlaunch.com/index.php?gid=558152

We play for the enjoyment of others! We hope that everyone who listens enjoys it in their own way.

Savo 'Lass looks forward to playing for you! We are all friends and enjoy the game in many other ways. Music is very special to us, and we hope that the music we play resonates within you.

(This is an update to our old BIO, Thanks Rosie!)

Laurelin - Fainadan (Elf Hunter) Duidhrastir (Elf Warden)
WeeTodd Jones

We were upset with the way things were going one particular day so we said "What the hell?...Let's form a band and call it DisEnchanted!"

Like I said...We weren't too happy...we felt quite disenchanted actually...It's not Rocket Science folks!

I saw this sweet little Hobbit lass with a truly rockin' body hanging out in the Prancing Pony. I offered to buy her an ale and she accepted. Both of our hearts went pitter-pat and we moved in together...We've since added to the band and can play as much as 10 part stuff now

Hmmm...basically it's a hodgepodge of various eclectic and diverse musical styles intertwined into a virtual cornucopia of cacophonous splendor...

We flip a coin...or listen to the voices...

Not so much anymore. We are generally known as an Oldies band but often drift into different things...

We have too many to count... Every time we play and people are happy then that's just another highlight to us.

Do you have any embarrassing stories about a time when things didn't go so well?

Nothing abnormal for any band... Stepping out of Music mode  or getting booted are probably the worst.

We currently play Saturday nights on Landroval next to the Prancing Pony at 8:00 pm servertime

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed or links to any performances?

Zedrock has some of us on his Twitch feed as well as quite a few vids up on Youtube and such...

That we are in it because we love the Lotro music scene and all the fine people involved. It's a very special group of people that we are proud to belong to.

Is there anything else you'd like to mention?

Although we started on Crickhollow and moved to Landroval and subsequently moved back, don't be surprised if you see us on any server now as we can go most anywhere.

Mondbarden

Thorwien and Tunvil Wintermond started with music duets in June 2013, when the instruments in Bree did not work. Every evening we played with other players at the little bridge in front of Bree.

Wintermond (winter moon) is our in-game surname. So our band name was quickly found > Mondbarden (moon bards)

We adopted Leynael, an RP girlfriend with a great interest in music. Later came Kirgon, also a longtime RP friend, whose has a lot music in the blood. And so we have played  regular concerts since September 2013.

We play songs we like ourselves - from all times and all four wind directions - including unfamiliar melodies

To each of our regular concerts, each of us four alternately creates the playlist. We decide together about the playlist to special events like Shirefest.

The shared joy of music.

We played our first big concert on Landroval - a very quiet soft song without drums. One of us had already logged in the next song and left the PC for a moment. Her cat probably found the game so interesting that it pressed the keys and started the new song. And so played suddenly in our very soft song a loud drum whirred.

We perform every other Thursday on the stage in front of the Prancing Pony in Bree from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (EST) on the [DE-RP] Belegaer server - in every even calendar week.

www.mondbarden.de

Mondbarden plays on Belegaer, Laurelin, Sirannon, Chrickhollow and Landroval

Last edited by Mondbarden on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dawlen Rivers

re: Re: Band interviews

Rosalie Rumble wrote:

If you need to complete a band interview or update one from last year, please fill out the form below or PM me.  If we need a band photo from you, either link to it below or post in our gallery.  Thanks!

-------------------

What's the story behind your band's founding? I wanted Music that was different from most everyone else and love country bluegrass and southern rock music so i wanted to focus on that 

How did your band get its name? i focused mainly on Country Music!

How did your members meet one another? Frome playing music in lotro

How would you describe your band's music? Well iffin ya like Country stuff most folks say the love us some say were their Favorite 

How do you decide which songs to play? We make a play list along with a parts list

Alabama_mountain Music I reckon would  Be ours.

What's the highlight of your band's time together? i am a Guess in 2 years +we started early in 2016

Do you have any stories about a time when things didn't go so well? no not realy

Does your band play a regular concert? If so, when and where? Yes we play on Landroval the 1rst and 3rd sat of each month on landroval 4:30pm-5:30pm -EST in Bree at the Prancing pony area and Brandywine the 2nd and 4th Sat of month same time and place.

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed, Youtube channel, or links to any performances?yes facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCountrybluegrassBand/ and we have a few shows we have had twitched heres some of the links this one is you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBFl-iZSDXQ&feature=share  this one is twitch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/180703556 we have more just visit our facebook .

What's the one thing we should know about your band above all else? That we are focused on Country Music as well as southern rock, and Bluegrass.

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your group? we hope that you can catch one our shows and let us know what ya think? that about all we thank you y'all Thanks Sincerely Dawlen of TCBB

Pumpkinspyce

re: Pumpkin Spyce and the Cafe Latte Spyce Girls

I created Pumpkinspyce as a fun little RP hobbit and I thought it would be funny to make a Spyce girls band. I also wanted to test how many multiboxes my new laptop could handle. This led to the creation of this fun, cutesy band!

All the hobbits in the band have spyce in their names! They are all named after café drinks! 

This is a solo group and I have known myself since birth! lol

We have a few Spice Girls covers, for laughs, but we mainly to big band groovy music. 

I choose songs that I like and think would be good for dancing!

We play Wannabe, by the Spice Girls, in every set! 

Looking at the cute little hobbits makes my heart very happy!

I tried a new song at elevens, but it did not sound like the song it was supposed to be... but it was still fun!

I have played at 11's and at Pony Parties, but not regularly.

We do not!

I do it for fun and to help others have fun! It is slightly a running gag, but I love it the way it is!

I am normally a solo group, but a friend(s) may help at shirefest!

Luventhariel
Admin

Alt Rock Band Q&A Session:

At first Luventhariel was just a solo musician, who helped play with the Second Breakfast Army Band (Confused Hobbits and an Elf) at Elevenses and Bread & Jams, helps Dulcet Tones here and there, and solos at Tales n Ales randomly, and then wrote a few songs for Second Breakfast and Breakfast Club.  But then she formed a duet with her hobbit friend Perr Cussion (who enjoys hitting things).  Later an elf minstrel named Lorrell joined up, and lastly an elf champ named Mithwyn tried her hand playing mostly horn and lute.  Nowadays, the Alt Rock Band is a seven piece band.

There's a duel meaning behind the name; first because it is a band of alts, and second because we play a lot of Alternative Rock from the 90's.

Luven saw Perr aimlessly wandering around Bree wearing an "Animal" t-shirt from the Muppets show, hitting people on the head with perfect timing.  She ran into the Pony and bought Perr her very first drum kit, and they've been friends ever since.  She met Lorrell Mordulin while duetting with Perr outside the Pony, and Lorrell convinced the both of them to join her band (which only had her in it at the time) by bribing them with lots of Ale. 

We (I) play mostly Alternative Rock, but have been known to play just about everything, Blues, Metal, Country, Pop, Light Rock, Classical, and a few Techno/Dance songs.  

I first look for midis for the songs I like, then try them out so see if they actually sound good, maybe tweak them a bit with Anvil.  I then keep the ones that turn out the best.  When playing, I try to read the crowd, I won't play Metal if everyone else is playing Country.  If I hear a song that someone else is playing and like it, I'll look for it.  Some songs I hear though, are signature to other bands, and I usually won't play those.  

Not as much a song, as a 'sound'.  

Every time we (I) play at Bread & Jams is a highlight.

I learned rather quickly to actually practice the songs I play before performing them in front of other people.  They may sound good on the ABC player, may sound good in Maestro, but then sound pretty horrible in game.

I play every Friday at Bread & Jam.  Usually I start out playing with the eclectic hobbit group known as the Second Breakfast and Friends Army, or Confused Hobbits.  But I'll usually pull the band out between 10 and 11pm server time, and play until at least 3am.

Maybe in the future, but right now we're only semi-professional.

That we wouldn't exist were it not for several members of Second Breakfast helping me out at first to learn how to play, and several bands I've listened to who I aspire to be even half as good as.

I write all my own lyrics for the songs that have lyrics.  I've never used someone else's .abc files (except when playing with others, like DT or the Army), I transcribe my own using Maestro, and have even written a couple using Anvil Studios.  I love listening to other bands just as much as playing, and if by dancing and cheering I can make another band happy, then I will absolutely dance and cheer!

Last edited by Luventhariel on Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Maecilia

re: Re: Band Interview Ghosts N Roses

No real story I was a member of the Firebrands and I missed playing music/concerts with the band I was a member of a couple of years ago. That Bands leader introduced me to Songbook and Maestro and encouraged me to create songs. I decided I missed it so much after a years hiatus came back to music and started my own band.

I based it off a song name I really like originally the Band name was Ghost of a Rose the name was changed per the suggestion of a good friend and the leader of The Stoors.

Many years ago on Crickhollow wait no we are a 1 woman band..lol 

We Play some country some folk music and a little bit of everything

Usually what songs go over best or whatever strikes my mood.

Ghost of a Rose or maybe our country songs we play a lot of songs by female artists.

I enjoy B&J and we played Under a Fool Moon this year had so much fun I hope we get to play again.

Well maybe after this Shirefest I will have an answer for this.

We Play B&J almost every Friday night. Sometimes we can be seen teamed up with another Crickhollow band at the south gate till the early hours of the morning. We may be branching out to Landroval not sure yet.

No, Not at this time.

We are in this to have fun and this may be our last public planned event depending on how things go.

Sometimes it takes a bit to get set-up we may have a friend help us for Shirefest

Last edited by Maecilia on Wed May 23, 2018 11:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

re: Shirefest 2018 Interview: Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa

<!-- [if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 10]>

<![endif]-->

Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa was created during the first millennium of the Second Age. While the band was created in Celondim, the members originate from the forests of Doriath, and the band was created to preserve the songs that would otherwise be lost after the Second Kinslaying. Its founding member is Berundan of Menegroth.

The name Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa, translated from Quenya to mean Under Heavens with a Musical Sound of Falling Leaves, was chosen by Berundan in memory of the forest of Doriath and the music that would flow from Menegroth into the surroundings.  

The band members found fellowship in their common heritage after meeting in Celondim. The decision to document their music from memory was made shortly thereafter.

The music Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa plays is ancient folk music from the land of Beleriand. They incorporate a variety of stringed instruments, wind instruments, and percussion instruments.

The sets played by Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa are decided beforehand to build upon each other while changing in tone throughout to best demonstrate the variety of music from Doriath.

The signature song of the band is Lairë lintarindë, meaning Summer Swift Dance. It is a fast paced folk song that was played in times of celebration.

Some of the fondest memories of Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa include occasionally playing at Tol Imladris, the elvish gathering in the Last Homely House on Saturday evenings.

The elves of Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa were tasked to reinvigorate the Free People’s of Middle Earth with their songs throughout the Third Age. This often caused them to separate and made it difficult to be punctual for planned gatherings.

Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa occasionally plays at Tol Imladris in the Last Homely House on Satuday evenings.

The band currently only plays music live.                                    

Above all else, Nuilwë Lantalasselingëa retells the forgotten music of Doriath, sharing the veiled notes that once rang out, shrouded under the trees.

thandorael

Q: What is the Story behind your band's founding?

A: Invited some friends of mine from a Galaxy far, far away to Winterfest this year past and they enjoyed it so much we decided to get together and mess around with music for a change.

Q: How did your band get its name?

A: We wanted to have a connection to our Star Wars guild origins (Alchemical Psychonauts) and found Mushroom Stew to be acceptable for Arda.

Q: How did your members meet one another?

A: Mali, Gail and I all met as mushroom space pirates in a Galaxy far, far away.

Q: How would you describe your bands music?

A: Yeeeeee Haaaawww

Q: How do you decide which songs to play?

A: We take turns picking songs, we all have our favorites. Perhaps as our songbook grows we will go about it a little differently, but we will see.

Q: Do you have a signature song?

A: As of right now I can't say that there is, we just enjoy playing around with the tunes and having a good time with others.

Q: What is the highlight of your band's time together?

A: I can't speak for Mali and Gail, but personally for me it is when they asked if we could try a few together. I didn't really expect them to enjoy Winterfest and Bread and Jam so much that creating a band was going to be a thing.

Q: Does your band play a regular concert? If so, when and where?

A: At this time no, we try to attend Elevenses every Sunday and Bread and Jam every Friday though.

Q: What is the one thing we should know about your band above all else?

A: We are just here to have a good time and be one with the Mushrooms.

Eviluer

re: Band interviews - Bards of Valinor

Eviluer (Band Leader) is a founder account of LOTRO. I started in closed beta on September 8, 2006. Music was in its very early stages at this time. The ABC function was still in development. The only play was from the keyboard. I was eventually able to use anvil studio along with a virtual midi port and an application called MIDI2KEY to automate the playing of songs. Essentially, you picked the tracks of a midi to play and it emulated the keyboard playing it. To play as a band, or in my case, a duo, each character had to be played on a different PC. The track(s) for each part selected per PC/account. It was interesting to do since there was no true way to sync the songs. If it happened to be out of sync, one had to quickly pause and play the part that was ahead of the other. Additionally (even today) trying to play too many notes or playing too fast through the keyboard would result in errors and audible gaps in the music. Looking back on those days, I have to laugh a little at what I went through to play interesting pieces. I did have a second account but also has a duet band member I performed with when he was available. I wish I could remember his name to give him props. Alas... it was a long time ago.. and I'm old! The first thing to go is.. ah.. um....something.... I don't remember.

It has been amazing to me how popular the music system has become over the years. I was a serial beta tester and eventually left LOTRO. It was just as the band sync features were released. I have been back around 6 months now and I am blown away at how ingrained and relevant it remains.

So that's my story. The current band is 7 members. All played by me. As much as I would love to have a band of other players, it doesn't work for me. I want to play when I want to play. It's hard enough to find two people who can sync their lives enough to play as a duet. 7... not even going to try.

Throughout my MMORPG gaming, both beta and regular, I have always enjoyed playing a Ranger. There is something about the lore of a bowman hunter that just does it for me. Most games make them a medium armor class with decent to high DPS. Even starting back in EQ1, that character has always been a Elven character. So, following the lore of the Elven race, Valinor has to be a part of that lore. All of the band members are Elven. Bards from a mysterious legendary place like Valinor seemed an irresistible choice for the band name.

They're all me! All of my personalities have been acquainted for a very long time! =)

That's a hard question to answer. We will play anything that can be composed into a quality piece. Anything from Symphony to Metal. If I can make it sound nice, I'll play it!

Mainly, I try to play new material (my new material) when we play. Otherwise, I just play what ever hits me to play. Sometimes I may play a theme. As as close friend calls it, PDM (pretty dress music) or rock or metal. What ever the crowed seems to want to hear. I never mind requests and if I don't have it I add it to 'the list' to be created for a later venue. 

Not that I know of. Frequent audience may look forward to a song that I play but I don't know of any song more popular than another.

So far, just having the privilege of playing alongside the other great bands across the LOTRO servers. It has been humbling to have requests to play for private events and requests to bring my bands to other servers. I work very hard on my music, but there are many great bands that do exactly the same thing. To be asked to venues is a huge compliment.

Not really. Even when mistakes happen, everyone just rolls with the flow. The music community across the servers aren't critical. There may be teasing for mistakes, but the reality is everyone is super supportive. So no one really remembers when things don't go so well.

Not at the moment. I'm not really big on holding the white hot spot light. I don't mind playing alone, don't misunderstand me. My issue with playing my own concerts every week is.. Who am I excluding to play? I don't want to play a concert when another band is playing a concert. That forces audience to choose which to attend. It's not great for the band or the audience. The band community is getting larger for all servers. The more it grows, the more frustrating it becomes for up and coming bands to find a time that doesn't interfere with another. I tend to gravitate to venues where any bands can join in a round robin allowing the whole band community to participate. Again, I'm not against a single band concert. I would certainly do that. I just wouldn't schedule it every week. And even if I had a standing schedule of any type, at no point would I not allow another band to join in with me. If you see me playing, know that I have no issues with another band joining in a round robin.

That said, you can currently find me at the following events (subject to change):

Monday: Dwarves' Night Out at 2:30PM on Laurelin outside of Thorins Gate next to the statue

Monday : Nibbles and Nobs / Ales and Tales starting at 8:00PM on Landroval where ever they decide it will happen that day!

Friday: Bread and Jam at 9:00PM on Crickhollow at the Prancing Pony

Every other Wednesday at 9:00PM I usually join The Rakes of Kilkarill on Landroval at the Prancing Pony

On most other days you might find me at the South Gate on Crickhollow around 9:00PM. Other bands that frequent there are The Rakes of Kilkarill and the House of The Harp. It's not a hard schedule for any of us, but more often that not you will find at least one of us there around that time.

There will be more to come in the Future.

We were the opening band for Winterstock VI -  https://youtu.be/ULZ6hHDJC7I

I have a Discord server for the LOTRO Band application currently under development - https://discord.gg/dt4Af3e

I am considering a website. But today, no.

There are two thing actually:

First: I do not play this game. What I mean by that is I only play music. I don't level characters or worry with advancement. I am only here for the pleasure of the music and the music community. If you see me out killing.. it's because i need to buy something!

Second: I create my own music. That probably goes without saying for most of the bands across LOTRO. However, there are a lot of resources for ABC files on the WEB. I chose to create my own. One of the most interesting things about the music here is that no two bands sound the same (assuming they make their own music). 10 bands could create the same song and no two would have the exact same sound. I find that I enjoy creating the music as much as playing it. My guess is that is the consensus across most of the bands.

There is a band application that I and a couple of friends are developing for LOTRO. It will prove to change the way bands execute songs. The application will control all band members' instruments, song parts, everything from one window. There are currently testers using the first rendition of this application. We are presently developing a more user friendly version that we will begin testing soon (I hope). If you are interested in using the software or beta testing the software, you can join the LOTRO Band discord server (link is above). At the very least it will allow you to have a voice in what you would like to see in the application. I make no promises that everything can be put in the application. But I assure you that it will make playing much easier than how you are today. Eventually I will create a Wiki and video help files etc. We are not to that point just yet. 

What's the story behind your band's founding? I'm an old bar band guy. When I found out I could do this, it became my new hobby. Satisfies my need to be creative and musical. 

How did your band get its name? Wanted to call it the Middle Earth Rhythm and Blues Review, but that's too many characters for a kin name. 

How did your members meet one another? Woke up one day, and there I was.

How would you describe your band's music? When I'm on, it kills. Have had slight issues with the 64-bit clients eating up my CPU though. Probably never going to have that We Are the World size band.

How do you decide which songs to play? most often I know what my A list is. I then make a playlist folder by what tunes I feel I like most and cut it down by mapping out time of performance.

Do you have a signature song? not necessarily, but I always mix in a Metallica song or five and try to get in an Allman Brothers song that makes for great dancing.

What's the highlight of your band's time together? Whenever the attending crowd all dances. We (I) really appreciate our audience.

Do you have any stories about a time when things didn't go so well? the last fest we did I did three songs in a row where first, my band leader disconnected, then played one song with no bass line and one where the drums didn't start. still killed.

Does your band play a regular concert? If so, when and where? Play on Brandywine as the Tones

Does your band have a website, Twitter feed, Youtube channel, or links to any performances? nope.

What's the one thing we should know about your band above all else? Six members, all multi-boxed by myself. Sometimes I cut it down to five. Mixture of music from ELO to Black Sabbath heavy on the Led Zeppelin and Metallica. use instruments sometimes experimentally. 

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your group? This iteration of the Tones (it's the tones songfolder, all mixed by myself from midi files) is all dorfs and a hobbit in a cloak.

Luventhariel
Admin

re: Maximum Overdrive!

We seem to have reached our limit to the number of bands that we can place into this section.

The last one I tried to add did not take.  I do not want to delete or hide any bands already here, even if they have not played in years, they are forever a part of Crickhollow's music history.  So it looks like I will have to spend a little time creating a second full section for "More Bands!".  I'll have to think a bit about how to set it all up.  Maybe A-M in one and N-Z in the other?  Or creating a Crickhollow Music Hall of Fame, to place those bands who have been around for over 5 years, a special honor spot?

This may take a bit, there's a lot on my plate right now, and I'm still working on learning the ins and outs of this site.  But in the meantime, everyone should feel free to continue to add their bands here if they wish, and when I can I'll get them their own page somewhere.  :)

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Rheniogil

Rosalie Rumble wrote:

If you need to complete a band interview or update one from last year please fill out the form below.  If we need a band photo from you either link to it below or post in our gallery.  Thanks!

-------------------

Big groups calve off small groups, and rebels been rebels since I don't know when. And that wheel's still turning; Rhen mentored Justadream with the Rakes, and now she has her own band and he couldn't be more proud.

Rake as in rake-hell: pursuer of divers pleasures. And Kilkarill is high on a mountainside where the source of the River Karill runs clear and cold - a world away and an age ago. 

We first played together on a rainy night in Asbury Park, Bree-town, refugees from the muddy undertow and the smiling villains who thought they owned the river. We came looking to find a cure for misanthropy in a bass line, and when the horn came in it all just gelled.

We're rockers, we're storytellers, we tap the mythic currents, sometimes we do them all at once. But if it doesn't feel like saying your truth - what's the point?

There are basically two kinds of writers - plotters and pantsers. Plotters work from an outline; even if it only exists inside their heads, they know what's going to happen like a road map the whole way through, and the characters develop to fit it. Pantsers come into their stories with deep characters, developed personalities and predilections, create a detailed world and situation to drop them in - and let them do what they'll do, flying by the seat of the pants and by the end not usually writing the story they started out thinking they would.

Rhen's a pantser. Hardcore. 

Hard to say, but if we do, it's probably Tam Lin / Catharsis - a moderntrad Irish reel set. Rhen put the two melodies on the Anvil and ran 50,000 volts through them, and that's 90% of what you need to know about the Rakes. 

There's something that defies words about that moment you realize you've created a sound, turned a phrase, voiced an unspoken thought, that has reached out and moved somebody. You give an emotion to the listeners, and they give you theirs back, and that's magic that nobody can take away. 

The current most amazing expression of that ever is when Rhen brought Marie into the band to sing a couple of her favorite songs - and she revealed a hidden talent for original lyrics and made him so proud of her voice he could burst.

Yeah, but I only tell the funny ones. Moving right along. 

Oh hail to the no. All our shows are highly irregular. But keep an eye out around south gate when it's not a raiding night.

Winterstock '19https://www.twitch.tv/videos/367378763?collection=ZyGzZ0stexVHsA 

Winterfest '18: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349671111, set starts at 1:53:15

Monsters of the Rock II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFJxuUnMIvI

Shirefest 10th Anniversary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEFOzo3Mw8 

The hobbit's a mean drunk. Don't turn your back on him. 

Rhen doesn't sing other people's lyrics, and we don't play other people's arrangements. Never have, never will. It's as real as the soul it's torn from piece by piece.

Last edited by Rheniogil on Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elrintel

re: Eagles' Eyrie Info

My first experience with LOTRO music was walking into the Prancing Pony on Friday night. I eventually started playing solo songs at Bread and Jam, and throughout Middle Earth. Then one Friday I asked Master Kenghis how many pcs you need to start a band, and he just said you need email accounts for the number of clients you want for your band. I was like, "Oh, ok, thanks!!!"

I originally wanted the name the band The Greenway Bards, but for some odd reason, SSG believes Greenway is not a Middle Earth name...So in haste, I called the band Sageway Bards. Substituted "green" with another green, "sage". After a month or so, I just decided to call the band Eagles' Eyrie as I am a huge bird fan. And what a lofty goal to reach...the nest of an eagle. After all, eagles have a really good reputation in Middle Earth. So I guess it is a goal to achieve or at least try to model that reputation, and become as noble as the eagle so to speak:)

It is just me, Elrintel Hawk. My sidekick alts are Branstan, Rockstan, and Elfstam. I have a 5th, Tanstan, but right now I am 4 piece, but that could change. No promises.

I would describe our music as diversified. We play anything from Amadeus Mozart to ZZtop.

I just play what I think sounds great with LOTRO instruments. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I succeed.

Yes, When the Eagle Cries, by Iced Earth. I changed the lyrics and re-titled the song, When the Eagles Fly.

When we are playing and it makes someone happy!

Umm, every time I play I forget to do something, whether it is one playing the wrong song, or playing the wrong instrument. I just coin it the term, That was the into!

Usually we play Bread and Jam every Friday on Crickhollow, and recently we are at Thorin's Gate Monday afternoon on Laurelin. Sometimes I will also attend Elvensees on Crickhollow, and Ales and Tales on Landroval as well. I would be interested in other time slots during the week.

The only internet appearance we have is at the 2019 Shirefest as a last minute addition. A band that was scheduled to play was a no show, and I had 25 minutes to decide if I wanted to play in their place, get my band to Shirefest, and play a one hour set. It just so happened that my band was there in the Shire (not logged in), so I said "sure, I will play." It was an honor to be asked to play, and it was an honor to be a part of such a wonderful event.

Eagles' Eyrie @ Shirefest 2019

There are plans to expand to a band website in the future.

That we are committed to respectful ambassador of the music community on LOTRO and provide the fans of LOTRO with a song that will make them enjoy this wonderful music system.

Yes, we also support all the other bands on LOTRO! I believe there are many wonderful people in the LOTRO music community, and I am honored to be a part of that community! Thanks to all the other musicians for accepting me, and my band, Eagles' Eyrie!!! :) Keep playing! If it puts a smile on my face, it certainly will put a smile on someone else's face too!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Shirefest Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: