Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

re: You Should Really Watch This

Hello!

Thanks for the awesome and also funny videos! I laughed so much :D

It's a while that I know Adrian von Ziegler, and I am glad I got to know him. He is really a great composer and I love his Celtic and also other type songs and listen to them always. He usually has a story behind his songs too that you can read in the description of songs in his Youtube channel. And he is writing his book.

This is one his Epic Celtic songs, that I didn't found a midi for it and I made it myself! And I am going to play it for our concert on Nov 3, 10PM, near Party tree.

Because only one doesn't work and I know you love Metal, here you go! One of his metal songs that Green Summer has covered it amazingly!

You should really watch this :D

Amin_Almiyan

Oops I sent it as guest lol

That was me :D

Luventhariel
Admin

Amin_Almiyan wrote:

Oops I sent it as guest lol

That was me :D

Uh oh.  There is a penalty for that. 

The court rules that You Should Really Watch This:  Animal vs. Dave Grohl

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

Peter Gabriel once said about Francis Bebey, "We were hypnotized...he embodied wisdom in lots of ways and it was a real delight". 

Want to be hypnotized? Then, You Should Really Watch This:

Francis Bebey

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Luventhariel
Admin

Music is in our DNA.

Music is in our Soul.

Our heart keeps a beat from the day we are born until the day we die.

There is Magic and Power in music that many people do not notice.

Here is a real-time visual representation of the true power of music.

Bobby McFerrin (Don't Worry Be Happy), uses an audience to create music.  An audience full of untrained or barely trained non-musicians.  The audience did not know they would be doing this.  The audience did not know what notes would be coming next.  The audience just followed his lead with their eyes, and instantly interpreted his actions into musical notes.

Magic!!!  You should really watch this!!

The Power of the Pentatonic Scale

Last edited by Luventhariel on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Luventhariel
Admin

This post is a Trio of videos, so that once you see/hear the first, you won't have to go far to watch the next two in the series.  :)

This is the Danish National Symphony Orchestra, doing the Morricone trio of Sergio Leone's Man With No Name Themes.  With close-ups on individual instruments when applicable, and a great sound quality for all three.  Crank it up and be impressed. 

Yeah, You Should Really Watch These!

A Fistful of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Fersinda

re: You need to see this!

(367) Tommy Shaw - Blue Collar Man (Sing For The Day!) - YouTube

Luventhariel
Admin

That was really, really awesome.  I've always loved his voice, and I loved how he altered the song to be more sublime, sadder, yet still intense.

And that also led me to the playlist, which led me to this video just made last month (at the time of typing this).  Probably the most apt song for nowadays musicians and others, aged like super expensive cheddar.

Styx Reunited Apart - Too Much Time On My Hands

Luventhariel
Admin

Sadistic Mika Band.

From Japan.

They appeared on a British TV show called "Old Grey Whistle Test".

During their appearance, they re-named the TV show to "Old Gley Whistle Test", poking fun at the way the band said the word "grey".

Racism aside, this is ONE STUPENDOUSLY FUNKY band.  

You Should Really Watch This:

Sadistic Mika Band

Luventhariel
Admin

"Who is Derek Trucks?" you ask.

"He's the guy that's going to give Jimi Hendrix and SRV lessons on playin' Slide when they finally meet up."

"You can't be serious." you retort.

Here's Derek Trucks years ago, playing a gig.  When he was 12 years old.  TWELVE years old!

Derek Trucks 1991

Oh, that's not enough for you?  Okay, here's little Derek one year later, at age 13.  THIRTEEN!

Opening, for the Allman Brothers, playing Layla.

Derek Trucks 1992

And here's a vid from 2011, with his band, Tedeschi Trucks Band.  If this guitar solo doesn't give you the feels, then you need to check your ears.  At this point, he's a guitar jedi.  Do, or do not, there is no "try".  He's not trying, he's just emoting.

Midnight in Harlem 2011

If you want more, just do a search, and enjoy!

Luventhariel
Admin

Something a little different.  So, this band, Scatterbrain, um...made a song, out of 14 other songs, sort of.  It was like they "sampled" certain well-known parts of certain famous songs, only, with one exception, they played the parts themselves, so, sort of like a mini cover.  And then they kind of gathered all these pieces and glued them onto a silly little song they wrote.  Video quality bad, concept brilliant.

I'll post what those 14 songs are, down below the video itself, so if you've never heard this, and want to guess the songs first, avoid scrolling down until the video is over.

Scatterbrain - Down With The Ship

Spoilers below!!

0:18 Voodoo Child - Jimi

0:29 Rock and Roll - Led Zep

0:32 Dazed and Confused - Led Zep

0:39 Seek & Destroy - Metallica

1:06 Lonely is the Night - Billy Squier

1:14 The Ocean - Led Zep

1:17 Walk This Way - Aerosmith

1:21 Heartbreaker - Led Zep (yeah, they like LZ)

1:26 In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins

1:49 Roundabout - Yes

2:01 Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love - Van Halen

2:05 Where Eagles Dare - Iron Maiden

2:10 National Anthem - Francis Scott Key

2:37 Woody Woodpecker - Kay Kyser

Luventhariel
Admin

I accidently found this band through following the downward spiral of youtube's alogrithm, then spent a few (non-wasted) hours going through some of their stuff.

This is about as far away from Metal as can be, and equally as far away from Bunny Fur.  This was a grand adventure into something I had never really taken the time to listen to!

After days of listening, I decided I just had to share this...JOY...to anyone willing to delve into something so...different, so Fun!

So, I went back through their vids, and decided on this one, their set from Mardi Gras, from New Orleans, from a place called Tipitina's.  It's just under two hours.  And the best way I can describe it is, Funkybluesyjazzyrock. 

Galactic live set from New Orleans

Luventhariel
Admin

No video for this one, so to speak.  Heard this the other day and remembered it from years back.  This is Electronic Dance music...but also Swing Jazz.  Together...it's awesomeness!

Parov Stelar - Chambermaid Swing

Luventhariel
Admin

I hate this song.  For a few reasons.  One of them being that it was put together by Kidd Rock.  The rest of the reasons are summed up here with the help of Justin Hawkins (vocals/lead guitar of The Darkness).

What Makes This Song Stink - Kidd Rock, All Summer Long

Luventhariel
Admin

White & Nerdy by Weird Al is a hilarious parody song, with an awesome video to go with it.  The video features short clips of Donnie Osmond dancing around with Al.

This, however, is the full video of just Donnie Osmond and Weird Al in front of a green screen.

The very.

first.

take.

White & Nerdy - Weird Al Yankovic

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum