Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Favorite Cover Songs

What would it sound like if Tim "Ripper" Owens got together with Yngwie Malmsteen and did a cover of an Ozzy song?

Mr. Crowley

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

12 years ago, some dude decided to use the video for Take On Me by Aha to make a cover song by changing the lyrics to match exactly what was in the video.  A "Literal" version of the song in the video.  So, I guess, in a way, it's more of a Parody than a Cover, but then again, all lyrical parodies are really covers anyway, just with different lyrics.

I tried to find his version of White Wedding by Billy Idol, but apparently those vids are blocked to me.

Literal Video - Take On Me

Last edited by Luventhariel on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Luventhariel
Admin

I love Rock n Roll!  So put another dime in the jukebox, baby!

What a great song by Joan Jett!

So Epic, it was Parodied by Weird Al Yankovic himself!

Nope.  Just like Crimson and Clover, it's a cover.  And like several other great cover songs, she did it so well that it completely buried the original version done by a band called Arrows.

So, while this song is great as an original, take a listen, and you'll understand why Joan made it EPIC.

I Love Rock and Roll - Arrows

Luventhariel
Admin

A friend sent me this yesterday.  He knows how much I love Motown, and The Four Tops, and cover songs...

The Jaded Hearts Club - Reach Out (I'll Be There)

Luventhariel
Admin

Used to hear this cover of a Rod Stewart song a whole lot in the late 90's at clubs.  They definitely changed Rod's song a bit here.  I actually prefer this version over the original.

When the roosters decide to attempt to overthrow their masters, you have

Revolting Cocks - Do You Think I'm Sexy

Luventhariel
Admin

A Live Cover, audio only.  Done before Mash-ups became a thing on Youtube, this is a Perfect version of a mash-up of two songs by two different bands (Diary of a Madman by Ozzy and Lovesong by The Cure) covered by another band.

A Perfect Circle - Diary of a Lovesong

Luventhariel
Admin

I will never desire to listen to the original version of this song ever again.  Chris Cornell's posthumus release of his cover of a Guns n Roses song. 

Chris > Axel in every single way.

Fight me!

Chris Cornell - Patience

Luventhariel
Admin

Hehe...

Korn - Word Up

Luventhariel
Admin

Love these guys.  How to upgrade Pink Floyd.  I know.  I know...but...

The Main Squeeze - Have a Cigar

Luventhariel
Admin

Just found this one, and wow.  Just.  Wow.  Their vocals...and the way they added so much Metal to what once was KISS trying too hard to not be KISS.

I Was Made For Loving You

Last edited by Luventhariel on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Luventhariel
Admin

Okay, something different.  Well, okay, it's still Metal, but it's not a typical cover.

(a listen-only video)

Last of the Mohicans

Luventhariel
Admin

Here's another cover song, where the musicians changed the song so much, it's nearly unrecognizable.

This is GWAR, recorded live playing the Pet Shop Boys.  They mash right into a song I haven't heard in ages, the Jim Carroll Band's People Who Died.  A song that I know most folks haven't ever heard.  They play the second cover more like the original punk version, but change the lyrics at the end to sing, "Oderus died! Died!".  RIP Dave Brockie.  Also, look up the original if you haven't heard it.

Disclaimer!  If you've never heard of or seen the band GWAR, you may be in for a shock, or a treat, depending.  NSFW at times.  GWAR is what would have happened in an alternate universe where Benny Hill saw KISS and said, "I want to do that, but funnier".  They are serious musicians who do not take their act seriously.  It's a Parody act.  A joke.  Please do not get offended and then pummel me.

GWAR - West End Girls/People Who Died

Luventhariel
Admin

And here's one that's so close to the original, you'd think you are hearing the original.  This group even has a backing vocal trio and a brass trio!

Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Brandy

Luventhariel
Admin

Rage Against the Machine, done by a brass band?  Hehe, yup.  NSFW lyrics...

Brass Against - Guerrilla Radio

Luventhariel
Admin

Grooooooove.  This song already had it.  But these guys ramped the Groove up to 11, and added a dose of Metal.  Best cover of this song I've ever heard.  A listen-only video.

Infectious Grooves - Fame

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum