Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Favorite Cover Songs

I knew Styper did a few covers, like Winter Wonderland, way back in the day.  Boujee reminded me of another cover they did, and then when I went searching for it, I found that they did a whole album of cover songs.  Most of them are...okay.  I've heard Styper live, and was a fan for a bit, so know their range.

But this song was a surprise still.  It takes some Hulk-like throat muscles to powerlift your way through a Deep Purple Classic.  A listen-only video, decent sound.

Stryper - Highway Star

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

There's a half million Beatles songs, so obviously there's a quarter million Beatles' covers.

This one always stood out to me, as it's one of those covers that significantly changes the original, while retaining it's core so you can still tell what song it once was.  Oh, and the bass groove kills it in spots.  There's an actual video out for this, but this particular one has better audio than the "videos".

Godhead - Eleanor Rigby

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Fersinda

re: violin cover

I think this might be my next project if I can find a midi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2hZDzJp9Pc

Luventhariel
Admin

I have no idea why I didn't post this one earlier, but anyways, here's a vocal group doing a cover of a Manowar song, and it's...extremely unique.  Seriously, extremely unique.  Oh, and if you like deep, sub-bass throat vocals like in the band The Hu, then you might like this too.  Otherwise, if there was a Heavy Metal version of Beat-boxing, this would be it.

Van Canto - Kings of Metal

Other bands play...

Manowar Kills!

Luventhariel
Admin

Robert Plant himself said that this band was his favorite Led Zeppelin cover band of all time.

So, yes, this band plays Led Zeppelin songs.

But...they're a Reggae band.

Lead by a vocalist who emulates Elvis.

There's not a lot of good videos on this band, and they're all pretty old videos, but if you happen to catch a copy of their album "Un-ledded" somewhere, buy it!

Dread Zeppelin - What Is and What Should Never Be

Luventhariel
Admin

A new one (as of this post).  Now one of my new favorites!

R.I.P. Taylor Hawkins...

Foo Fighters (Dee Gees) - You Should Be Dancing

Last edited by Luventhariel on Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luventhariel
Admin

You most likely knew that Johnny Cash did a cover of Hurt by NIN.

But you haven't heard true sadness, pain, and misery, until you've heard the song sung by the Master of Angst.

Kermit the Frog - Hurt

Luventhariel
Admin

Got the Time, by Joe Jackson, has been covered before.  The version by Anthrax is my favorite, still.

But I'm liking this cover too, which actually sounds more like a cover of the Anthrax cover, than a cover of the original.

Korpiklaani - Ennen

Luventhariel
Admin

Boujee pointed this out.  Great parody/cover song, made me laugh!  How'd I miss this?  Obey the Beard is awesome, but I completely missed this one.

Psychostick - Numbers

Luventhariel
Admin

Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time is one of the most covered songs from the 80's.  Willie Nelson, Matchbox20, Boyz II Men, Paul Anka, to name a few from all over.  Personally, I like the original the best, Cyndi put her heart and soul and pain and love into that song.  But, this one cover tops the list, because it's hella awesome.

Miles Davis - Time After Time

pontin
Admin

I like this cover of Sweet Child o' Mine, played on the Acoustic Guitar.

House at 6 harrow road, raingully, shire homestead, 1 Cape Road, Dol Tobas, Belfalas Homesteads and 2 Glenmouth Path, Glanath, Lyndelby Homesteads
Luventhariel
Admin

Here's something completely different.  

Take Metallica's Enter Sandman, and mash it up with Journey's Don't Stop Believing.

Wait...now do it by having a vocalist who can imitate the voices of both James Hetfield and Steve Perry.

Someone so good at it that Steve Perry files a lawsuit claiming it was his vocals being used without his permission.  So good you have to bring in the isolated vocal track of the song to court so that the judge can hear it.

And...that vocalist is Jess Harnell, who also did the voice acting for Wacko Warner in Animaniacs.

Helloooooo, nurse!

Rock Sugar - Don't Stop The Sandman

Luventhariel
Admin

A little late for Halloween.  So, early Solstice present.  From way back in 1998, here's a cover of a Faith No More song.  No video, listen only.

Helloween - From Out of Nowhere

Luventhariel
Admin

Another (new) Manowar cover.  With, um, an electric hurdy gurdy and a real castle and female vocals and lots of brothers raising their fists into the air and all that.  Also, great to see the girls fighting while the guys are singing about warriors.  Napalm Records' bands have really been killing it with the quality (direction/cameras/locations/sound/$$$spent) of their videos the last few years.  Anyways, love seeing all these different bands cover Manowar.  

(Oh, and great band, if you've never heard them, check out their other stuff!)

Feuerschwanz - Warriors of the World

Luventhariel
Admin

Going deep into the trunk to dig this one out from being buried underneath my Love Gun t-shirt.  Yes indeed, KISS did in fact record several cover songs.  And like Van Halen, they really liked doing songs from the 50's.  Audio only.

KISS - And Then He Kissed Me

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum