Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Favorite Cover Songs

Batman Forever was not a great movie.  But Batman Forever had an awesome soundtrack (my introduction to Massive Attack), including this cover of The Passenger originally by Iggy and the Stooges.  No visuals, listen only vid.

Michael Hutchence - The Passenger

Last edited by Luventhariel on Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

Another cover by the guitarist (guitarist! with excellent taste in guitars, I might add, Charvel represent!) of Sabaton, he's done a couple that are awesome, like Over the Hills and Far Away originally by Gary Moore, but this one is just super fun!

So, it's a Sabaton song...but, he's doing it in the style of a Disney movie theme song,

and he's totally Prince Charming! 

Tommy Johansson - Swedish Pagans

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Luventhariel
Admin

"I've got my mind set. on. you.  I've got my mind set. on. you.  But it's gonna take money, a whole lot of spendin money, it's gonna take plenty of money, to do it right."

George Harrison made this song famous.  But he didn't write it, and wasn't the first to perform it.  It's a cover.

Listen-only video, because OLD.

James Ray - I've Got My Mind Set On You

Luventhariel
Admin

"There is a house in New Orleans..."  Wasn't written by Five Finger Death Punch, everyone knows that.  But it also wasn't written by The Animals, or the band they covered.  This song is old.  Way old.  So old, the earliest known recording of it is from 1933, and the person recording it said it was an old folk song he heard from his father.

Another listen-only video, cuz reeeeeeal old.

Tom Clarence Ashley - House of the Rising Sun

Luventhariel
Admin

Can't just leave it with those two non-video videos.  So here's a more recent cover of a Depeche Mode song.

Lacuna Coil - Enjoy The Silence

Fersinda

re: Re:Cover Songs

I am basing my cover of The  Cure's "Lullaby" after this cover (Its got an electric harp)

https://youtu.be/0xLv1OTYXEI

Luventhariel
Admin

Okays.  Here is a comedian and actor, known for his roles in the Police Academy movies and Spaceballs, and for doing strange beat-box noises.  Doing a cover of Led Zeppelin.  And...wow...he nails the wickedly-fuzzy over-driven distortion of Page's guitar...

Michael Winslow - Whole Lotta Love

Luventhariel
Admin

I've mentioned the band Ghost at Bread & Jam, and played a few songs from them.  This is a cover by Ghost, of a Pet Shop Boys song.  Listen-only video.

Ghost - It's a Sin

Luventhariel
Admin

This one's slightly old now.  Featuring Mercy Me (I Can Only Imagine), Jars of Clay (Work), and a few other Christian Rock musicians.  I love this cover, not for the musicality, or how they changed it, but simply because it's so much fun to watch!

Obladi Oblada

Luventhariel
Admin

Covering Queen?  Oooof, that's not going to be easy.  This is both an amazing cover, and amazing video!  So, who can pull off this monumental task?

The Tenors, feat Lindsey Stirling - Who Wants To Live Forever

Luventhariel
Admin

Choir! Choir! Choir! is a group that basically sets a date, time, and location, and allows anyone to join them.  Sometimes, at these "shows", a celebrity will show up.  In this instance, David Byrne of the Talking Heads showed up to sing a wonderful David Bowie/Brian Eno song, along with the Hundreds of vocalists to help.

If you think this is neat, check out the rest of Choir! Choir! Choir!'s videos, there's a few, and they're all pretty awesome!

Choir! Choir! Choir! feat. David Byrne - Heroes

Luventhariel
Admin

This video shows how I think most Solo players in Lotro play, when they do a good job mixing all the parts of a song into just one instrument.

Oh, and it's a great cover song too...

James Hill - Billy Jean

Fersinda

re: Rachel Barton covering Pantera

https://youtu.be/pkaGogebHDw

Fersinda

re: Another Rachel Barton cover

https://youtu.be/EeFLfcM0H0A

Fersinda

re: Re:Cover Songs

https://youtu.be/IQjrh8sAkIo

This is from a music camp run by one of the violinists from Trans Siberian Orchestra

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum