Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Crickhollow Concerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Festivals and Events Spring 2021

Winterfest is over, the New Year has begun,

and there's still six more months until Shirefest '21.

So until now and then, there is space to be filled,

for Crickhollow musicians and dancers to be thrilled.

So while it's still winter, and we wait for the sun,

there's time for us to plan future concerts for fun!

Crickhollow has so many awesome bands now, but there's only two large festivals for Crickhollow bands to show off their talents.  Second Breakfast sponsors these shows, and has an army of helpers involved to make it easier.

Crickhollow Music is run by officers of Second Breakfast, but the site's intent is not only to promote official Second Breakfast events, but any music-related events sponsored by any kinship, band, or solo artist that calls Crickhollow their home, or even home-away-from-home.

If anyone has an event planned, and wants to advertise for it here, feel free to post about it, or pass that information on to us here!  We love promoting Crickhollow music events!  But we're also not psychic.

If anyone is in the process of planning an event, and would like some advice or help, please do ask, we'd love to help out if we can!

If anyone has any ideas for events they would like to see happen, but not the resources to do it themselves, feel free to post their ideas here, and someone else may pick it up from there, and make your idea become a reality!

Crickhollow Music is a Community Site, for everyone.  And like many community related things, you get out of it what you put into it.  It can thrive, or it can become a ghost town, depending on it's membership's actions or inactions.

And let's face it, you all would really much rather read about an upcoming concert than another addition to the growing number of cover song videos...

Feel free to post ideas below!  Feel free to post concert information here.  Feel free to post posters for an event in our Gallery.

Last edited by Luventhariel on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

I had an idea for a group of smaller, genre-specific concerts, with several bands, 30 minute sets, and possibly genre-specific locations.

The first idea I had was to have an all Alternative Rock concert under the canopy west of the Boar Fountain and south of Lalia's.  I was thinking of calling it Laliapalooza.

I was also thinking of an all Blues concert, in Bree in Beggar's Alley.  

Aside from those I'd like to run another Under a Fool Moon concert sometime this spring, maybe around Equinox.  Under a Fool Moon concerts start at Midnight to allow for early-rising Pacific bands, like No Whole Bard, to have fun with us.

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

Lasswen

I do like the idea of there being more events on Crick - how could one not???

I had actually been thinking about Under The Fool Moon the other day when I realised the last one was quite some time ago.  And now, continuing on from that and your other ideas...

Shirefest is like a summery event in the Shire.  Winterfest, well, the name says it, it's a wintery event, at Thorin's Hall.

So two seasonal events at two of the starter locations.

Under A Fool Moon was in Celondim, and you've nominated Laliapalooza (hehe, love that name) for Bree - that covers the other two starter areas.  Maybe time these to make the Crick events quarterly?  I'm not sure when the first Under A Fool Moon was, but the Too one NWB played at was early May.  Perhaps it could be a bit earlier in the year, so there's more time before Shirefest - *and* if it was early April it would be near April Fool's Day, and the name could tie in to that!  I'm not sure about the origins of the name, I'd guess it was something to do with the timing of the event being rather late for most eastern US folks, but it could link to both?  That would leave sometime in Autumn for Laliapalooza, if that would suit?

I do like the idea of other genres too.  The Classical Music in the Park on Landy went down quite well, and seems to be something that will be happening more frequently on a smaller scale.  I dare say say blues (and big band, or just jazz generally) would be something else that would be quite popular.

Luventhariel
Admin

Tentative dates so far:

Under a Fool Moon IV, midnight, March 27th.  Easter is on April 4th so the first weekend in April is locked, so we'll do it the weekend before.  March 28th is the Full Moon, so...cool.

Rosalie Day is on the first Sunday in April, which makes it Easter, so we'll be pushing that back to April 11th, this year.

Muddy Foot Day is always on 4/20.  

Shirefest will most likely be the weekend of June 11-13, we'll have band sign-ups the first week in May.

Cheggra

re: Muddyfoot Day

Is there a schedule for Muddyfoot Day anywhere? I can't find it,

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum