Site Activity
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Most Recent Images
Site Contributions
Site Contributions

Upcoming Crickhollow Events!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Crickhollow Concerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luventhariel
Admin

re: Upcoming Concept Concerts/Events

Just tossing these out here, to see if anyone's interested.  If you are interested in any of these, let me know!

No dates have been set, no time planned, nothing organized, just gauging interest.

---------------------

First, I was thinking a bit about the old Monsters of Rock tour, which was one of the first continual breaks from the standard format of soundcheckband/openingband/headliner that most concerts of the time had.  Suddenly you had 4-12 of your favorite bands touring together.   It started in the UK, but then spread rapidly across the globe.  Go wiki Monsters of Rock, and you'll see pretty much every awesome band of the 80's in there somewhere.

So, I had an idea a while back, about doing a whole hour show playing nothing but Judas Priest.  And Midnight Owl Band did a great hour of nothing but Van Halen at Shirefest.  I've heard a few other bands do whole albums.  So I thought...hmmm...why not put together a concert made up of bands who can all play an hour's worth of music from a single RL band.  One hour of Judas Priest, one hour of Ozzy, an hour of Metallica, an hour of Scorpions...and so on.  Similar to Monsters of Rock, maybe "Monsters of the Rock", if that isn't already taken.

Obviously, some bands are easier than others, either due to limited RL discography or limited midi files.  If anyone on Lotro can do more than 3 minutes of Anthrax with vocals...please, tell me who they are so I can beg them for their midis.  I'd definitely like to stick with Hard Rock/Heavy Metal/Hair Metal bands that played the real Monsters of Rock.  

If you're interested, claim your RL band by posting below.

---------------------

Up next, "We're putting the bands back together!  We're on a mission from Eru."   A Motown, Soul, Funk, Disco, Rhythm & Blues concert to be held in Beggar's Alley, in the "Southside".  One hour sets.  Anything from the above "Urban" genres.  "It's 106 miles to Bree Town, we've got a full pack-mule, half a bag of pipeweed, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

If you're interested, post "Hit it" below.

---------------------

And lastly, I'd like to do a 100% epic, soft, warm, fragrant, mellow, smooth and relaxing Bunny Fur concert.  Slow, emotional, dramatic love songs.  Glamourous, flowing, lacey, soulful ballads.  Sexy, ethereal, atmospheric trance melodies.  Something for those bands who's tastes swing mostly exact opposite the hardness of metal.  Close your eyes and hear the soft pastel colors of soothing notes amidst the breeze of drifting harmonies.  One hour sets of your most beautiful songs.

If you're interested, post "<3" below.

---------------------

The amount of interest in any or all of the above will determine the amount of time I'd be willing to put into making these happen.  The amount of enthusiasm towards a particular event will also influence me, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  And as always, if anyone has any ideas for any type of event they may want to see done on Crickhollow, let me know!

Last edited by Luventhariel on Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Luventhariel
Admin

Judas Priest

Hit it.

<3

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Appleheart, Caramryn, Naurraen, Tettra, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy on Crickhollow;

and Luventhariel and all of Too Cute on Laurelin too.   Happy

Lasswen

<3

Aryreilyn

re: re: Upcoming concept concerts/Events

"Hit It"

<3

kenghis1

im in but ill wait to choose an artist since i have many options ill let some others choose first

Amin_Almiyan

Hello! This is just what I was waiting for! :D

YANNI! <3

Thanks!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rosalie Rumble's Crickhollow Music Forum Index -> Crickhollow Concerts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum